Gajar Ka Halwa

Well its really difficult on part of my husband to give a surprise. To my real surprise my hubby dear wished me woman's day in Michales the arts shop and wanted to pick up anything I want to :)


So I though I should treat him with his fav sweet dish, and prepared gajar ka halwa.Its a famous north indian sweet dish made of carrot, milk ans Ghee.


Carrot is a root vegetable, usually orange in color, though purple, red, white and yellow varieties do exist. It has a crisp texture when fresh.



Ok so on to make gajar ka halwa we need :


1 KG Carrots

1 lt Milk

4 tablespoon Ghee

2 tablespoon raisins

2 tablespoon almonds

2 tablespoon pistachios

450 gm Sugar

Cardamon


Now different people make it different ways and it comes out different every time one cooks it.

* Wash and grate the carrots.

* Fry the dry fruits in ghee.

* Add rest of the ghee in a pan when its hot, add 1 tablespoon sugar, once the sugar is brown, add the carrots.

* Fry the carrots till is almost dry add all the milk. Keep Stirring.
* Once the milk starts boiling add sugar, and crushed cardamon.

* Keep stirring on low flame till all the milk is dried off.


The whole secret is keep stirring and don't the flame get your carrots :)

Now this is how it came out:

My Hubby loved it.
I hope you guys try it and enjoy.
Love Lisan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Biryani in Rice cooker

Green Papaya Curry

Aloo Bharta ( Orissa Style Mashed Potato)