Papri Chaat, Paapri Chaat or Papdi Chaat is a North Indian fast food. Chaat is an indic word which literally means licks, is used to describe a range of snacks and and fast food dishes; papri refers to crisp fried dough wafers made from refined white flour and oil.
- Boiled Potato: 2 mashed
- Chickpeas: boiled 1/2 cup
- Sev: 1 cup
- Chopped Onion: 1 cup
- Green Chillies: Chopped 1-2
- Chopped Tomato: 1 cup
- Coriander leaves: chopped 1/2 cup
- Green Chutney
- Sweet Chutney
- Curd: 1 cup sweetened.
Green Chutney Recipe
- chopped fresh coriander leaves: 2 cups
- fresh pudina/mint leaves: 1 cup 2-3
- Grren chillies: 2-3
- lemon juice: 2 tbsps
- water: 2 tbsps
- sugar: 1 1/2 tsps
- Salt: 1 pinch
Sweet Chutney Recipe
- grated jaggery (adjust): 3/4 cup
- dates : 10-12
- tamarind (de-seeded) : small orange sized
- chilli pwd: 3/4 tsp
- saunf pwd (optional): 1/2 tsp
- cumin pwd: 1 tsp
- Water: as required
- Salt: as per taste.
- To make green chutney grind together all the ingredients for the chutney and refrigerate it till use.
- For the sweet chutney: soak the tamarind in 2 cups of warm water for 5 mins. Heat a heavy bottomed vessel, add the tamarind along with the water and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and cool.Once cool, grind this tamarind mixture along with dates to a fine paste, adding very little water. Strain through a sieve and pour this tamarind-date paste back into the heavy bottomed vessel. Cook on slow to medium flame for 2-3 mts. Add the grated jaggery and allow it to melt and blend well with the tamarind date mix. Continue to cook till it becomes a thick pouring consistency, approx 15-18 mts.Add chilli pwd, cumin pwd, saunf pwd and salt totaste and combine. Turnoff heat. Even if the chutney is thick, its fine. Once cool, refrigerate and use as required.
- Take a wide serving plate. Place 4-5 papdis, layer each papdi with chopped or mashed boiled potato and boiled chickpeas. Next spoon green chutney and sweet chutney. Spoon sweetened curd/dahi. Sprinkle some chopped onion, green chillies and chopped tomatoes. Finally finish off with sev and coriander leaves. Serve immediately.
Enjoy this yummy chaat with your friends and family and do let me know.
Till then happy blogging