Kalakand

Kalakand is a famous Indian sweet dish. The best kalakand that I have tasted can be bought in Sambalpur,  Orissa. My dad would always buy those for me whenever I would visit home. I had always thought it to be a very difficult dish to prepare, but it turned out to be very easy. 

After coming to USA this is my first time tasting this beautiful dish. So heres what we would need.

Ingredients:

  1. Fresh Paneer (Cottage Cheese): 1cup
  2. Condensed Milk: 1 can
  3. Saffron: few strands
  4. Almond: broken 1 tbsp


Procedure:

Mix the paneer and condensed milk, into a smooth paste. You can use ricotta cheese instead of paneer. Microwave the mix for 5mins. Keep checking to make sure the mix doesn't over flow. Add the saffron strands and microwave for another 2-3 mins, till the mix achieves a thick consistency.
Remove it to a tray, garnish with broken almonds and let it cool and then refrigerate for 1 hr. 
Cut into cubes and enjoy.

In case you don't have a microwave you can still create this amazing dish. Just heat the mix in a non stick pan on stove top till it mix reaches the desired consistency.

That was easy right.....





I am surely going to prepare it again and again :)

Try this out and do let me know.

Till then Happy Blogging
Rakhee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Biryani in Rice cooker

Green Papaya Curry

Aloo Bharta ( Orissa Style Mashed Potato)