When you hear "corn" the first thing that comes to mind is bhutta " corn on the cob grilled over charcoal". Its really yummy biting into a hot roasted “bhutta” (corn on the cob) on a rainy day. The moisture-laden breeze of a rainy day carries with it mouth-watering aromas of corns being roasted.
But its not the only way to enjoy corn. There are many recipes that are prepared with baby corns and corn kernels.
Here is on that I recently made.
- Sweet corn kernels - 1 cup
- Capsicum - 1, chopped into small piece
- Onion - 1 medium finely chopped
- Green chilies - 2, slit length wise
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Kasuri methi - 1 tsp, lightly crushed
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 1/2 tsps
- Garam masala powder - 1/4 tsp
- Tomatoes - 2, finely chopped
- Fresh coriander leaves - 2 tbsps, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 1/2 tbsps
Heat oil in a kadhai.
Add the onions and saute till transparent
Add green chilies and ginger garlic paste and saute for 3 mts on low to medium flame.
Add kasuri methi and saute for 2 mts. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt. Mix.
Add the tomatoes and saute till oil separates.
Add capsicum pieces and saute for 5 mts.
Add corn and mix. Place lid and cook for 4 mts.
Add 11/2 cups water and bring to a boil.
Place lid and reduce flame and cook for 15-18 mts.
Add garam masala powder and mix. Cook for 2 tms.
Till then happy blogging