Karela Chips (Bitter Gourd Chips)

In Bangalore there are many Oriya restaurants and they serve amazing Oriya food. During my stay at Bangalore, I used to get our food from these restaurants all the time. My favorite menu used to be dal, rice, fish masala and karela chips.
I love eating karela, but karela chips is something that is not prepared on a regular basis in my house as it is deep fried, but sometimes its ok to enjoy. 
So here I am relishing my hostel days and sharing the karela chips recipe with my dear readers.
Ingredients:

  1. Karela (Bitter Gourd): 2 medium cut into thin circles.
  2. Besan : 2-4 tbsp
  3. Corn Flour: 1 tbsp
  4. Salt: to taste
  5. Red Chilli Powder: 1 tbsp
  6. Turmeric Powder: 1 tsp
  7. Few Table spoon of water
  8. Oil for deep frying.

Procedure:
In a bowl mix all the ingredients except oil till all the karela chips are well coated with all the spices.
Heat the oil for deep frying.
To test the oil drop a few drops of the batter into the oil, if the sizzles and floats to the surface immediately then the oil is ready.
Then add individual karela chips into the oil and cook till its golden brown and crispy.
Remove from oil on to a paper towel to soak excess oil and sprinkle a pinch of salt from top and shake well.

Serve it hot with dal rice and your choice of curry and enjoy.
Till then Happy Blogging
Rakhee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Biryani in Rice cooker

Green Papaya Curry

Aloo Bharta ( Orissa Style Mashed Potato)