Vegetable Jhalfraezi is a spicy vegetable preparation with crunchy vegetables.
It goes great with roti or naan.
- Potatoes: 2 medium cut into wedges
- Cauliflower: 1/4 medium separated into florets
- Carrot:1 medium cut into thick strips
- French beans: 10-12 cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Oil: 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Dried red chillies: 2
- Onions: 2 chopped and 1 thickly sliced 3 medium
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder:1/4 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder:1 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger-garlic paste:2 tablespoons
- Tomato puree:1 cup
- Garam masala powder:1/2 teaspoon
Heat oil in a non stick pan.
Add cumin seeds, red chillies and chopped onions to the pan and sauté.
Add baby corns, potatoes, cauliflower, carrot, tindora, French beans, salt, turmeric powder and ½ tsp red chilli powder and mix well.
Cover and cook, stirring and tossing occasionally, till vegetables become tender.
Separate layers of the sliced onion and add. Add ginger-garlic paste and mix. Cover and continue to cook.
Add tomato puree, 1 tsp red chilli powder and garam masala powder and mix.
Cover again and cook till all the vegetables are done.
Serve it hot with roti or naan and enjoy.
Till then happy blogging