I just came back from India and the memory of delicious food is still fresh. I made sure I got relish all my favorite food and one of them is chaat that we get in cuttack. Its delicious and satisfies your taste buds.
Of-course replicating the one made by the street vendor is not always possible, so here is the version my mom used to serve us.
- Ghuguni: 1 cup (per person)
- Tamarind Chutney: 1/2 cup
- Yogurt: 1/2 cup lightly sweeten
- Tomato ketchup: 1/2 cup
- Onion: 1 medium finely chopped
- Green Chilli: 4-5 finely chopped
- Tomato : 1 large finely chopped
- Cilantro: 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Chaat masala: a pinch per person
- Sev: 1 cup
- Papdi: few per person.
- Oil: 1 tsp (per serving)
Heat a saute pan heat 1 tsp of oil.
Add 1 tbsp chopped onion, 1 tsp of chopped green chilli, 1 tbsp of chopped tomato and a pinch of salt.
Saute for 1-2 mins and then add the ghuguni to the pan and saute for 1-2 more minutes and let it thickens little more.
Transfer it to the serving plate.
Add 1tbsp of chopped onion , green chilli and chopped tomato and sprinkle some chaat masala on top.
Add tomato ketchup tamarind chutney and yogurt as per taste.
Top it with sev, crushed papdi, cilantro and serve.
Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee and relax.
till then happy blogging.