Paneer is a fresh cheese common in South Asia Cuisine. Itsof Indian origin. It is an un-aged, acid set, non melting cheese made by curdling heated milk with lemon juice or any other food acid.
Unlike most cheeses in the world, the making of paneer
does not involve rennet as the coagulation agent, thus making it completely lacto-vegetarian and providing a source of protein for vegetarians.
Panner Tikka is a very famous appetizer, where paneer along with veggies is placed on the skewer and roasted.
Paneer tikka masal is a variation where we can convert this awesome appetizer to a main course.
- Paneer : 1lbs
- capsicum : 3 ( Can use 1 of all the 3 colors :))
- Onion : 2
- All Purpose Flour : 1 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves : 1 Ibsp
- Coriander POwder : 1 tbsp
- Fresh Cream : As required
- Cumin POwder : 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds : 1/2 tbsp
- Thick Curd : 1 cup
- Garam Masala : 1 pinch
- Ginger Garlic PAste : 1 tbsp
- Kastoori Methi : 1 tbsp
- Lime Juice : of 1/2 a lemon
- Oil : 2 Tbsp
- Onion Chopped : 1 cup
- Red Chilli Powder : As per Taste
- Salt : As per taste
- Tomato Puree : 1 cup
- Turmeric Puree : 1 cup
First cut all the vegetables and paneer in cubes and keep a side.
Take a bowl add thick curd, red chilli powder,salt,kasoori methi powder, lime juice and add oil little mix well and add all the vegetables and paneer mix well.
Now there are 2 option go forward :
- If you have a grill that can be easily set without any hasle then go ahead set the marinated paneer and veggies on sewers and grill them till done.
- Else in a non stick pan add one table spoon of oil ,add marinated paneer and vegetables, cook both the sides, once it is done keep a side.
Take a pan add oil, cumin seeds,onion chopped, salt pinch, turmeric,ginger garlic paste, all purpose flour, mix cook for 3min,now add tomato pure, coriander powder,cumin powder,red chilli powder, mix well, and let it cook till u can see oil.
Once it is done add water as need,bring it to boil, then add cooked paneer and vegetables, garamasala powder, cream as needed and cook for 3min and finish it of with coriander leaves.
Sorry guys forgot to click a pic of the end result. As soon as I prepare this again would upload a pic.
I know it takes a loads of time but at the end it worth :)
Give it a try and let me know.