Quesadilla is a Mexican food primarily made of cheese inside a folded wheat or corn tortilla cooked until the cheese melts. Occasionally other ingredients are added with the cheese, such as chicken, beef, tomatoes, onions, peppers, mushrooms, olives, and seafood, to add variety to the dish.
Even though I like Mexican food, unlike my friend Shanta am not a big fan of tortilla. I know its weird but thats how it is :)
So I decided to use omelet in place of tortilla and called it omelet quesadilla.
So this is what we need :
- Eggs : 3
- Milk : 1 tsp
- Potato : 1 small diced into cubes
- Tomato : 1 small diced
- Mushroom : 1/4 cup , sliced
- Broccoli : 1/4 cup chopped finely
- Spring onion : 2-3 tbps.
- Spinach: handful
- Onion: 1/4 cup diced
- Green Chili : 1 (if you want it to be spicy)
- Cheese : Grated 2 - 3 Tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder : to taste
- Oil : 1 tps
Lets make this yummy brunch
- In a pan add some oil. Once the oil is hot add the diced potato sprinkle some salt and cover. Cook for few minutes till half done.
- Now add the rest of the veggies except the tomato. Sprinkle some more salt and cook till the potatoes are done. Make sure the potatoes are not mushy.
- Remove from the heat.
- Beat the eggs with salt and pepper with milk.
- Heat a pan add few drops of oil into it and pour the beaten eggs into it.
- Spread the egg evenly across the pan. Cook it over low to medium flame else the egg would burn from the bottom.
- Once the egg is almost cook add the cooked veggies , tomatoon one half of the omelet, sprinkle the cheese and some pepper powder.
- Fold the the egg and let it cook for another minute or so till the cheese has melted.
You can always change the stuffing as per your wish try some left over chicken or sausage if you eat, make your own :)
I know I know what you are thinking, its more like an veggies omelet. I just didn't wanted it to be called as omelet as there are so many different ways you can make omelet.
So I call it Omelet quesadilla :)
I would be uploading more recipes for different kinds of omelet soon, so that you would why is it necessary to call it something different every time you change something or add a little twist .
All right all the ladies out there try this and make your weekend a lunch free day so that you can get out of that kitchen and spend some quality time with your dear ones.
Till Then Happy Blogging