Aloo Tiki

When you join a new class let it be yoga, dance, swimming or some technology you start being friends with people who till date were complete strangers, who lived in the same area but you never saw them. As your skills grow during the course so does your friendship. And when the course comes to an end you start realizing how much you are gonna miss those beautiful moments, even though you promise to stay in touch through email and phone but the truth is you are never again going to share a lunch together or tag along for a ride, jump on a bug when some finds it.

I am going through such a phase as this is last week of our course and I am really gonna miss those days. So the gals decided to have a potluck on Thursday as that would be the last day. I am getting Dahi Vadas, I hope it comes out good. Jo suggested if somebody can prepare Aloo Tikki. That made me realize even though I love eating Aloo tikki and Aloo Tikki Chaat I have never prepared it myself.

So after returning form  class today I was determined to prepare and relish the tikkis (Sorry Gals I am still sticking to dahi vadas for Thursday!!!!) Now that it has turned out blog worthy I am gonna share the recipe with all my beloved readers and friends.

Ingredients:

  1. Potatoes: 3 medium Boiled
  2. Greeen Peas: 1/2 cup
  3. Green chili: 1-2 finely Chopped
  4. Coriander Leaves: 1 tsp finely Chopped
  5. Garlic Clove: 2 grated
  6. Bread Crumbs: 1/2 cup
  7. Corn Flour: 1tsp 
  8. Salt: As per Taste
  9. Roasted Cumin Seeds: 1tsp
  10. Coriander Powder: 1/2 tsp
  11. Oil : I baked the tikkis so I used spray, But if you want to go traditional method you would need about 1 tsp


Procedure:

Peel the boiled potatoes and mash them.
Add green peas, green chili, coriander leaves, grated garlic, bread crumbs, corn flour, roasted cumin seeds, coriander powder and salt to taste.
Adjust the corn flour as per requirement as it helps in holding the shape of tikkis.
Make a small lemon sized balls and press them down. Shape them into round or oval shape.
Preheat the oven to 300F.
In a cookie tray arrange the tikkis and blake for 15 minutes.
Turn the tikkis, spray little oil  and bake for another 10-15 mins.
To make the tikkis even crispier broil them till the tikkis turn golden on both side. Be careful else the tikkis might burn.


If you want to make it in a traditional method, heat 1 tsp of oil in a sallow pan and sear the tikkis till they are golden and  crispy on both sides.

Serve hot with sweet and sour chutneys.


Next time would publish a big about how to make mouth watering chaat with aloo tikkis.

I hope you all enjoy this great tea time snacks and may we all remain friends for ever!!!

Till then happy blogging
Rakhee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Biryani in Rice cooker

Green Papaya Curry

Aloo Bharta ( Orissa Style Mashed Potato)