Iced Tea

Any body who knows me knows that  I don't drink tea and always prefer coffee over tea. But I read some where tea is really good for health and specially when taken dark that is without any milk, so for a person who does not drink regular tea its even difficult to drink tea without milk, so I tried to give a shot to iced tea and even though it did not change my opinion regarding tea but would surely love to share the recipe with my dear readers who love to drink tea.


Ingredients:

  1. Water: 3 cups
  2. Tea Leaves: 1 tbsp
  3. Mint Leaves: 4 tbsp
  4. Iced Water: 3 cups
  5. Lemon Juice: 3 lemons
  6. Honey: to taste
  7. Ice Cubes
  8. Fresh Mint Leaves : for garnishing

Procedure:

Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan and remove from heat.
Add tea leaves  and mint leaves.
Cover the pot and steep for 5 minutes.
Remove tea leaves and mint leaves by straining through a strainer.
Stir in honey or sugar (about 1/2 cup) until dissolved. 
Add ice water and lemon or lime juice. 
Stir well and pour into glasses with ice cubes and garnish with fresh mint leaves.




And enjoy this cool drink in a summer afternoon with your friends and family.
This recipe is a dedication to all my friends who enjoy tea and keep asking me to taste some ;)


So enjoy and do let me know how I did for a non-drinker LOL
Till then Happy Blogging
Rakhee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Biryani in Rice cooker

Green Papaya Curry

Aloo Bharta ( Orissa Style Mashed Potato)