It was almost 5 PM on Friday and I was looking at my computer screen wondering what did I do wrong that my code is not working as expected, when Tanmaya called to tell me that he is starting from office.
I told myself, hell with the code, cannot look at it anymore and decided to blow up some steam in the kitchen, but realized that there is not much left in the refrigerator to use. The only thing usable was a packet of frozen shrimps, so decided to make some fitters.
- Shrimp: 15 cleaned, skin removed and deveined.
- Onion: 1 medium finely chopped
- Green Chilli: 2-3 finely chopped
- Coriander Leaves: 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Garlic : 2 flakes grated/crushed
- Ginger: 1/2 inch finely grated
- Cornflour: 1 tbsp
- Salt: as per taste
- Red chilli powder: 2 tbsp
- Chaat powder: 1 tbsp
- Gram flour: 2-3 tbsp (adjust as per requirement)
- Oil for deep frying.
Roughly chop the cleaned shrimp into small pieces.
In a bowl mix all the ingredients except the oil. Make a thick batter.
The batter resembles the batter for vegetables fitters.
Heat the oil for deep frying.
Make small balls using 1 tbsp of batter and deep fry till the fitters turn golden brown all over.
remove form heat and place on a pice of kitchen roll, in order to drain any excess oil.
Serve it hot with ketchup or hot sauce.
It was a great heat with my friends and I hope you also enjoy the same.
till then happy blogging