Zeera Rice

I started cooking during my stay in Delhi, and slowly I graduated from a single stove kitchen to a full fledged kitchen. But there were times when I would run out of gas and the gas guy won't deliver for a day or two. So the alternative would be eating at office cafe, but this option won't help over the weekend, so I would order food delivery from this restaurant that I have never seen in person, but I would always order the same menu, zeera rice, dal fry and chilli chicken. This made the best zeera rice and dal fry, chilli chicken was ok. But the rice and dal was out of the world. So I keep going to zeera rice every time I crave something really decadent  and easy.
Ingredients:
  1. Basmati Rice: 1 cup cooked
  2. Onion: 1 medium thinly sliced
  3. Green Chilli: 2-3 sliced
  4. Zeera ( cumin): 1 tbsp
  5. Oil: 1 tbsp
  6. Salt to taste.
Procedure:
In a kadhai heat oil.
As the oil heats up add the cumin seeds and as they stop spluttering add the green chilli and onion slices with a pinch of salt and cook till the onion is translucent.
Add the cooked rice mix well add salt to taste and fry for 4-5 mins.

Remove from heat and serve hot with dal fry or any other gravy you enjoy.
Till then Happy Blogging
Rakhee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Biryani in Rice cooker

Green Papaya Curry

Aloo Bharta ( Orissa Style Mashed Potato)