Methi chicken is a north Indian chicken dish. I keep trying different varieties of chicken dishes and some how I keep coming back to this one. Its yummy, good to look at and real simple. And the best part you don't have to go shopping for fresh methi leaves, as I used kasoori methi instead.
- Chicken: 2 pounds (I used chicken quarters as I had them in the fridge but you can use any pieces)
- Curd: 1 cup
- Ginger: 1 inch
- Garlic: 5-6 cloves
- Green Chilli: 3-4 (adjust as per taste)
- Salt : as per taste
- Red chilli powder: 1 tsp (adjust as per taste)
- Onion: 1 large finely chopped
- Tomato : 1 large finely chopped
- Green chilli: 2 finely chopped
- Turmeric Powder: 1 tsp
- Red chilli Powder: 1tsp
- Coriander Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder: 1 tsp
- Salt, black pepper: to taste
- Kasoori Methi: 2 tsp
- Oil: 2 tsp
Make a fine paste of ginger garlic and green chills.
Mix all the ingredients for the marinade. Add the chicken pieces and refrigerate for an hour.
In a dip pan heat 2 tsp of oil and add chopped onion and cook till onions try golden brown.
Add rest of the spices and tomatoes except the kasoori methi and cook till they are thoroughly cooked, the raw smell of the spices goes away and oil oozes out.
Add the chicken pieces stir well cover and cook till the chicken pieces are properly cooked( keep stirring in-between).
When the chicken is cooked add kasoori methi powder and cook for another 2-4 mins.
Serve with hot naan or chapati.
I hope you enjoy this as much as we do
Till then Happy Blogging